Carrier Plans to Reduce Customers' Carbon Footprint by More than One Gigaton
"At Carrier, we are applying our industry-leading innovation to fight climate change through new energy-efficient product offerings and through lower emissions in our operations," said
The 2030 ESG Goals include a transformation of the company's operations to be carbon-neutral while maintaining world-class safety metrics, and the incorporation of leading sustainable design principles from manufacturing through end-of-life.
Additional goals include the following:
- Achieve carbon and water neutral operations and deliver zero-waste to landfill from our manufacturing locations
- Establish a responsible supply chain program and assess key factory suppliers against program criteria
- Achieve gender parity in senior leadership roles and a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which Carrier's employees live and work
- Positively impact our communities through enabling access to safe and healthy indoor environments, alleviating hunger and food waste, and volunteering our time and talent
- Invest in STEM education programs that promote diversity and inclusion, and promote sustainability through education, partnerships and climate resiliency programs
- Maintain world-class safety metrics
The full list of Carrier's 2030 ESG Goals is available at corporate.carrier.com. Carrier's new ESG strategy and goals build on the company's performance outlined in the 2020 ESG Report, released in July. The report details Carrier's ESG achievements in 2019 against 2020 goals and serves as a baseline for many of the 2030 ESG Goals.
As the leading global provider of healthy, safe and sustainable building and cold chain solutions,
This press release contains forward-looking statements (including statements that constitute forward-looking statements under the securities laws). These forward-looking statements are intended to provide management's current expectations or plans for our future operating and financial performance, based on assumptions currently believed to be valid. Forward-looking statements may include, among other things, statements relating to future sales, earnings, cash flow, results of operations, uses of cash, share repurchases, tax rates and other measures of financial performance or potential future plans, strategies or transactions of Carrier, estimated costs associated with the separation from United Technologies, statements with respect to current and future potential implications of corporate social responsibility and sustainability topics and other statements that are not historical facts. All forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. For those statements, we claim the protection of the safe harbor for forward-looking statements contained in the
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carrier-plans-to-reduce-customers-carbon-footprint-by-more-than-one-gigaton-301181375.html